Law and Ethics Examination
- Application for Law and Ethics Examination
- Special Permit Application or Applicants Who Previously Passed the Restorative Technique Examination
Law and Ethics Examination Information
After you file your application for the law and ethics examination you will be sent information from PSI on how to separately pay for and schedule the required computerized written examination. You will then be able to schedule the written examination at your convenience.
If your Law and Ethics Examination Application is currently on file with the Board, your eligibility has been forwarded to PSI. You will receive an information package by mail with information regarding scheduling and testing procedures.
Pursuant to Business and Professions Code 1004: Abandonment of Applications
- (a) An application shall be deemed to have been abandoned in any of the following circumstances:
- (1)The applicant fails to submit the application, examination, or reexamination fee within 180 days after notification by the board that such fee is due and unpaid.
- (2)The applicant fails to take the licensing examination within two years after the date his or her application was received by the board.
- (3) Except as provided in paragraph (4) of this subdivision, the applicant, after failing the examination, fails to take a reexamination within two years after the date the applicant was notified of such failure
- (4) The Registered Dental Assistant in Extended Functions (RDAEF) applicant, after failing either the clinical or practical component of the examination, fails to take a reexamination of the failed component within two years after the date the applicant was notified of such failure.
- (b) An application submitted subsequent to the abandonment of a former application shall be treated as a new application.
- (c) For any other application deficiencies not listed in subdivision (a), an applicant for a license who fails to complete application requirements within one year after being notified by the board of deficiencies in his or her application, shall be deemed to have abandoned the application and shall be required to file a new application and meet all of the requirements which are in effect at the time of reapplication.
Abandoned applicants must complete the application as a new applicant, which includes submitting the testing fee and qualification documentation.
For more information, call 916-263-2300 or email email@example.com.