Registered Dental Assistant Examination
- RDA 1 - RDA Application (All Applicants) - ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH THE APPROPRIATE FORM/S BELOW. PLEASE CHOOSE THE APPROPRIATE FORM ACCORDING TO HOW YOU ARE QUALIFYING FOR THE EXAMINATIONS
- RDA 2- (EDUCATION ONLY) - USE THIS FORM IF YOU GRADUATED FROM A BOARD APPROVED REGISTERED DENTAL ASSISTING PROGRAM.
- RDA 3- (WORK EXPERIENCE ONLY) - USE THIS FORM IF YOU ARE QUALIFYING BY COMPLETING 15 MONTHS AND 1280 HOURS OF WORK EXPERIENCE AS A DENTAL ASSISTANT.
- RDA 4- (MIXED EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE) - USE THIS FORM IF YOU ARE QUALIFYING WITH BOTH, COMPLETION OF A NON-APPROVED DENTAL ASSISTING PROGRAM, AND WORK EXPERIENCE AS A DENTAL ASSISTANT
- RDA COURTESY GUIDELINES - APPROVED EDUCATION PATHWAY
- RDA COURTESY GUIDELINES - WORK EXPERIENCE AND BLENDED PATHWAYS
Once you file your application with the Board, you will be sent information on how to separately pay for and schedule the required computerized written examination. You will then be able to schedule the written and law & ethics examinations at your convenience through PSI.
- RDA General and Law and Ethics Written Re-Examination Application
- Psychological Services Incorporated (PSI) Candidate Handbook for the RDA General and Law and Ethics Written Exam
- RDA Combined Exam Plan
Pursuant to California Code of Regulations 1004: Abandonment of Applications
- (a) An application shall be deemed to have been abandoned in any of the following circumstances:
- (1) The applicant fails to submit the application, examination, or reexamination fee within 180 days after notification by the board that such fee is due and unpaid.
- (2) The applicant fails to take the licensing examination within two years after the date his or her application was received by the board.
- (3) Except as provided in paragraph (4) of this subdivision, the applicant, after failing the examination, fails to take a reexamination within two years after the date the applicant was notified of such failure.
- (4) Except as provided in paragraph (4) of this subdivision, the applicant, after failing the examination, fails to take a reexamination within two years after the date the applicant was notified of such failure.
- (b) An application submitted subsequent to the abandonment of a former application shall be treated as a new application.
- (c) For any other application deficiencies not listed in subdivision (a), an applicant for a license who fails to complete application requirements within one year after being notified by the board of deficiencies in his or her application, shall be deemed to have abandoned the application and shall be required to file a new application and meet all of the requirements which are in effect at the time of reapplication.
Abandoned applicants must complete the application as a new applicant, which includes submitting a new application, qualification documentation, and the appropriate fee.
To view examination statistics please go to our web page:
For more information, call (916) 263-2300 or email email@example.com